Tuesday, March 23, 2010


The savor of new experience in
San Antonio.











It is the American dream? My name is Joel Marugo G. I’m from Colombia Cartagena Bolivar and I come from a wonderful community around the beautiful beaches and a shiny sun with longest bright green forest of mangroves.
When I finish the high school, in Nov 12/07, I didn’t have any money to start a career in an university so, a feel so frustrated, but thanks to God I get some information about the government grain to study ecotourism in Unite State. I did all the applications but any of my family didn’t know about this so I did, but the applications were almost one year. I was so exited there was some problem that even could feel me bad, because the interview was hard, there were over 280 student in competition, I had so faithful in God. so anyway I get it and now here I am.
I have discovered that there are not differentiation in the people because we all are person which one have to have respect, but in contrast all the people have a different minds when we talk about the culture, religion, society etc. I have learned and still learn the different cultures that exit in my IALS friends, in the case of the Americans culture was difficult for us to adapted in so many things like the food, music, climate personal behaviors etc.
To be here and Unite State make me be pride of my country and shape more my magnificent community “ La Boquilla” that have been recognized because have a worth and happiest people and their typical dishes, with the basic product that is fish, the crewed festival, the folklore dances such as “mapale, bullerengue, and cumbia.” So I miss this, but I need to adapted here and I really doing it.
San Antonio is so nice city, one of the things that I like is the people that are kind and appreciated the diversity races or culture, the people have a chili hearth, a taco smile, a greeting of enchiladas, and a hugs of the hot soup of menu. So anyway that is the San Antonio people with a desire of share.

No comments: